Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8/6 – Split Jerks and Presses



WOD
1-1-1-1-1
Split Jerk
55-57.5-60-62.5(f)-62.5(f)

Then

3-3-3
Strict Press
37.5(x2)-35(x2)-35-36

Worked this one with Ali which was fun though the lifting not so much.  Learned a few things though – one – my right shoulder is W-E-A-K… I got under the last 62.5 try though couldn’t lock out my right shoulder (left one was good).  Sucked to fail twice on that one but honestly wasn’t feeling it much either.  Used my belt for them though after sacrificing form a little in the Saturday Sports WOD (at 55kg).

The strict press was interesting.  I did the 37.5kg in warm-up – clearly I had higher expectations that I could actually do and only managed two reps hence dropping back to 35kg for the working sets.  I failed the first one at 35kg by only getting out two reps – turns out that Ali and I learned that if you breathe/ tighten up for the next rep when the bar is locked out over head it’s much easier to push through the rep – trying to breath and tighten in the rack position leads to getting ‘stuck’ down there and it becomes much harder.  That helped though a bit too late.  Happy to get the 36kg set though as that was hard.  Given my 1RM is currently 38kg I’m quite happy with how these turned out.

A little more extra work after all this – it’s becoming quite the thing with training now – 2 hour sessions at a minimum each night – lots of mobility work and recovery focus needed but I’m coping.  Heavy squats might kill me sooner rather than later but we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment