Monday, April 18, 2011

10km done... Sun Run over

Ran this Vancouver Sun Run this morning with 60,000 of my closest friends... finished just over an hour didn't break my goal of under an hour but given the time spent dodging around people or slowing to make the corners I think it's respectable.

A few highlights:

-the 4 ft flames shooting through a third story apt. along the race course - I feel bad for the apt. owners and the firemen trying to get to the building with all the runners in the way

-the lady who gave me a high five at km 7... thanks! I needed it.

-awesome shirts- 'hungry?' 'do is for winners' 'I am epic'

-walking the 3km back home along the race course and still seeing walls of people finishing it up.. truly inspiring the number of people out there

-thanks to ben and asweatymess for being out there somewhere along the routes cheering... I didn't see you but I'm sure you encouraged numerous people with your cheers

-to the little kid who was spilling his guts at the 9.5km mark... you most definitely ran your guts out... I feel for you... but be proud

-the best sign about a km from the finish 'think about breakfast'... awesome!

1:00:47 - Official 10k time… so.close. to my goal… next time!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment