Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crossfit and (almost) Paleo...

Well, I survived crossfit day two (intro still).  Not as bad as the first - as in I didn't leave wanting to puke.  I could probably have used more weight but we'll get there.

Warm-up
400m run
tabata planks

WOD
10 x high clean
10 x sumo-deadlift high pull (SDHP)
4 times for time
2:24

Also, since I've moved down under I seem to be losing weight, I'm not trying, not even tracking but my clothes are fitting differently (what few clothes I have).  I guess I notice mostly on my jeans.  I'm eating a lot cleaner - following a lot of the principles of paleo (just got Robb Wolf's book as well) but there are certain things I know I won't give up (milk in the occasional latte, beer, wine, eating out)... there are an abundance of markets here though so I guess fresh veggies and proteins are much easier to come by - I'm cooking more and eating less.  And I don't ever feel hungry.  Also - the biggest bonus - I don't have much of a sweet tooth at all.  I have had a bar of chocolate in my car for the past 3 weeks and there is still some left... though it's slowly disappearing on my drive to work as it goes so well with my coffee.  Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment