Thursday, January 6, 2011

In November I signed up for my first ever half marathon - February 13th - not because I have a goal to run a 1/2 but rather because I need something to get my butt out running - and not because I enjoy running but it's good for me and I know I should be doing it and way back when at one time in my life it was something I did enjoy and with that...  instant motivation (kinda).
I have to admit that I slacked off quite a bit over the past week and a half with the holidays and -30 degree (Celsius) weather while visiting my folks - one freezing run and that was it.  It was hard to get back to BUT... last night I did.  I jumped on the treadmill even though there were many things inspiring me to do anything but run... I did it and I felt like a rockstar.  The (old) guy beside me was giving me odd looks when I mouthed the words to songs a little to intensely and the (cute) boy on the other side gave me an amused smirk when my arms shot into the air triumphantly (it really is the little things) at having finished my workout (9 by 6 on 1 - the longest I've ever run on a treadmill in my life - 63 minutes of hurt - 5.22 miles covered though).
I was thinking of the little things that helped me through this run and decided to note them for future reference:
-My wonderful ipod for choosing the perfect mix of music to keep me motivated...
-Madonna, Lady Gaga, Cindy Lauper and other cheesy music giving me an extra spring in my step
-Em from Emphasis Added for chronicling her marrathons (and training) - somewhere she talked about starting to run and doing it by song rather than by time or distance and this helped me get through the pieces last night - just two songs (or less) and I knew my piece would be done
-These awesome new shoes complete with awesome purple accents:

No comments:

Post a Comment