Friday, January 14, 2011

Last Nights Run...

Last nights run was (finally) outside... I convinced my friend Kimberley to run with me (hopefully once a week) and it was a long one...

12 x 6 on
84 minutes
6.93 miles (11.08km)
avg. pace 12.12 min/mile (7.58 min/km)

Slower than on the treadmill but also by far the longest run I've done to date and it was outside in the crazy wind.

Ran out to Stanley Park past the pool at second beach - was nice to knock two pieces off before even getting on the bridge.  Was nice to be outside and running with someone my speed - made it go by faster. 

Running back up the stairs to the bridge on the way back my hip flexors cramped (new soreness) and I could barely walk up the last three flights but then managed to run up the hill at the top no problem so I think it was just the extra height of lifting my leg.

Last piece Kim made me work... we did 10-20 stride sprints for the first part of each minute and then alternated the sprint/easy for the entire last minute.  It hurt but was a good push.

No comments:

Post a Comment