Monday, February 21, 2011

36 days to go... my workout

Saturday mornings are for paddling...

It was crisp outside (internet temp said -1C when I woke up) but sunny...

2 hour paddle - warm up to kits beach then 10, 20, 30, 20 minute pieces.  Bit of a breakdown in the boat when it 'just wasn't quite good enough' and realized that we all need to be supportive of each other doing the best we are capable of... sometimes the effort has to be enough.  I've learned that through the half marathon training and through this fitblr community...

Afterwards I was starving and Kim was doing housework so I proposed run then lunch or just lunch and of course she jumped at the run option followed by lunch.  It was good (though I was tired and slow) - 5 miles just under an hour... did 7 on 1 pieces by 7.  The sun was shining and we were out at Jericho where I remember one of my earlier runs before Christmas and we passed my turnaround spot from that day on the second piece.  We then made the end of the path on piece 4 which made me feel like I've come a long way since I started this running journey back in November.  I'm running farther now and covering distances that would have killed me back then.  I like that feeling.

Enjoyed an awesome breakfast and good conversation afterwards and then I still had most of the afternoon to get things done - there's something satisfying in getting two workouts done by noon.  I'll take it.

Sunday (today) is a rest day as I've done the cross training and weekend run on Saturday.

Workout Summary:
2 hour paddle
5 miles in 56 minutes (7 on 1 by 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment