Thursday, March 17, 2011

10 days to go... my workout (and awesome inspiration!)

Last night:  So don't want to go for the 5km training run on the schedule tonight but I WILL (if only because I have a friend who will run with me - and talked me into it - her rationale... we can knock out 5k pretty quick*)
*yes we can


Knocked off that 5k (3 mile) run last night (rather) quickly... I mean, 31:30 not so bad.  Not my fastest but then again my fastest has always been on a treadmill where I can set the pace that I then have to keep - outside on my own? not so easy...
a big thanks to the fitblr universe... I posted just as I was leaving work that I was going to run (but really didn't want to - walking up one set of stairs yesterday and I could feel my tired legs)... anyway.  Got home, was sitting on the sofa checking out the route from my friends place and checked tumblr again... now note I was super close to texting my friend and asking if we could skip the run (and she was so hungry she probably would have agreed) but then I saw this:

and the words from easyrunner stuck with me... just get it done!  And we did.  There was a calm kind of rain - a (slightly) different route - random conversation - and sprinting in circles for the last 700m*... all kinds of silly fun.  And then it was over... my friend and I got creative in her kitchen afterwards and had an awesome salad (spicy and sweet pecans ftw) and coconut breaded turkey breast... turned out quite well.  And as she said - we make quite a team.  Yay for a great (and unexpected) tuesday evening.
*she is faster than me and we always typically do some sprint pieces at the end of our runs - we were near olympic village and there is both a bridge to walk over or a path around (approx. 200m loop) and so I said, laps... that way she could run her speed (fast) and I could run mine (not so fast - avoiding saying slow)...  it worked!
Thanks Kimberley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment