Tuesday, March 15, 2011

12/13 days to go... my workouts (saturday and yesterday)

Skipped my 3 mile run on sunday in favor of focusing on some goal planning and dinner with good friends.  It was well enjoyed and makes me glad I'd got the 5 miler in earlier in the week when I only wanted to do 3.

Saturday was another PNWORCA winter series small boat race...  this was hosted by my paddling club so there was no crazy earlier morning wake up to drive to Seattle... little bit of a sleep in and off I went.  I was dearly nursing my coffee before the race knowing that I'd probably regret it when I was on the water but surprisingly it didn't bother my stomach... sweet!

So - 10km race - took just over 90 minutes... ugh.  The wind really picked up on the way back so not only were we fighting an outgoing tide we also had a massive wind in our faces... it was rough.  But I survived.  If I only had bigger 'guns' and better technique it wouldn't take me so long since my endurance isn't the issue anymore.  And I'm using my legs a lot more... my glutes were really sore afterwards...

Sunday - Kim and I had talked about getting a run in on Sunday afternoon and I was dreading it but yet still picked up when she called me.  She convinced me (not that hard) and off we went.. 7 miles in 75 minutes - 10 on 1 by almost 7... (approx. 9km/h avg.).  It hurt, a lot as I wasn't well hydrated or fueled and my body was still tired/sore from racing the day before.  Managed to get through it though...  it was our first run together in the rain (it started half way back when we turned into the headwind).  Kim made me dinner afterward (and did the dishes because she rocks)... great end to the weekend!  Today - rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment