Friday, March 11, 2011

17 days to go... my workout (yesterday)

Sooooo.... last night I didn't feel like running.  I hadn't run since Saturday due to having horse adventures and leaving my still sweaty workout clothes in a plastic bag after Saturday morning's run and then being in the hotel again on Monday with clothes that for good reason are still in the bag.  I flew home (jetlagged) on Tuesday but knew that there was still a 5 mile run waiting for me on the schedule so... I laced on my shoes to enjoy the (minimal) afterwork daylight and went to it...

My schedule this week also has a 3 miler (and a 7 miler) and I really thought hard about doing only the 3 miles but kept running.  I really didn't want to run but my legs did it for me - they kept taking me further from home until I was at the end of a newly found trail - almost 4 km from home (2.5 miles) and then I started back - knowing that I'd run the whole way as darkness approached.  And I did it...

Rocked out 8km (5 miles) in 52 minutes (6 on 1 by 7 plus a bit).  Felt good to be done!

Reward was a new hot pink foam roller to aid my achy IT bands...  and ouch!
http://img2.prosperent.com/images/250x250/www.activeforever.com/images/product/medium/A16723.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment