Saturday, March 26, 2011

One day to go... Confession (I'm freaked out!)

I am really freaked out about the 15k race I am doing tomorrow... it doesn't even seem like it's happening yet though I have to be out the door by 6:30am at the latest...

Up until this past week when work swallowed my life I've been putting in the training.  I know my body is capable after all it's only 9 pieces of 10 on 1 (possibly hopefully a bit less). I'm really worried about the mental focus...

Going into the half marathon just over a month ago I was focused, I knew it would be hard but I had a plan, I could visualize the course and how it'd feel.  Where I'd drink and have a gel but this time... this time it's just "happening"...

I feel like I'm taking it for granted since it's 6km less than a half and well, I've already done a half... BUT THAT'S WHAT FREAKS ME OUT!!  It's *still* 15km... I'm the girl that could barely manage 5k back in November... and I'm taking 15k for granted!!!  I'm scared.

But tomorrow morning I will get up at a ridiculous hour (in the dark), I will put on my running shoes and make my way to the start line.  I will do all this because at the end of the day I know I can.  I will hurt, I will want to quit but I won't.  I will finish!  I have to get that focus.  I have one more day to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment