Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Today I got stronger... Today's WOD

Warmup
400m run
star jumps
high knees/ quick feet
10 pushups
10 situps
10 air squats...

WOD - for time



Time - 14:31

Post WOD - max reps
Barbell Windscreen Wipers (lie on your back barbell pressed overhead and held while bringing toes to each side)
210!!!

I WON this workout... it was sooooo hard.  I wanted to quit at 50 but my spotter kicked butt, slowly gave me a little more to aim for, nothing big... first 60, then 75, 100.  Tim accepted my request to crank Linkin Park even louder, told me to go to my happy place and I kept on going.  At 150, I was in second place and aiming for first mentally at 203... Kept pushing.  The pain shifted from my abs to my quads to my hamstrings... but it was mental.  I made 210... I was done.  My legs are still done.  I might not be able to walk tomorrow but I realized how far I could go... one rep at a time... we all have it in us!

Tomorrow is another day... what will you do to push farther?

No comments:

Post a Comment