Friday, August 26, 2011

Today I am SORE... (and stronger)

So this morning was my first 6am crossfit class.  Didn't know how I'd handle the morning workout but I want to add a third day a week so this will be the only reasonable way to do it (friday mornings).  Fortunately it's only this week and next at 6am then there will be an additional 6:45am class that won't be as early for me (and I can still get to work on time - bonus sleep in!)

Today's WOD's absolutely wrecked my shoulders... pretty sure I won't be able to lift them tomorrow!!!

WOD #1
for max. weight only
400m kettleball carry - 12kg (26lb)
didn't have to put it down though did drop to carrying them at my side near the end of both) - just passed 100m OH, about 20m left to go before down by my sides...

WOD #2
3 rounds for time
50 DU's (or 150 SU's) - still struggle with my DU's but working them in
40 OH weighted sit ups - 5kg (11lbs)
30 pushups (knees)
20 OH walking lunges - 5kg (11lbs)
10 kettlebell thrusters - 10kg (22lbs)
My time was 24minutes and change... this one HURT.

-today's lesson was "PAY ATTENTION" as I thought it was only one round only to realize as I was finishing my first set of lunges that there were 2 more rounds to go... I blame the lack of awakeness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment