Monday, November 12, 2012

11/10 - Affiliate Cup Team Training (part 2)


Last day of team training before the Affiliate Cup was on Sunday morning…  we met up again at the Albert Street Garage to do the WOD that the boys programmed (slightly modified on the day to make it work with equipment, etc.)

Fridge WOD






















WOD
21  back squats (45/60kg)
21 toes to bar
15 pistols
15 KB thrusters (16kg)
9 med ball squat cleans
9 pull-ups
21 pull-ups
21 med ball squat cleans
15 KB thrusters
15 pistols
9 toes to bar
9 back squats
11:44

The idea was that we’d work in male/female pairs to do the work – with each subset (21-15-9) movements being done at the same time and switching out with the partner as required.  The girls couldn’t start until the boys were done with the 21’s (they moved right into the 15’s) and then on the way back up the boys had to wait for the girls to finish the set of 9’s.  In theory it was a good idea however with Angie nursing a knee injury and not squatting and me resting my shoulder/ bicep we pretty much each did all the work in one half of each subset (Angie – t2b, kb thrusters cleans, pull-ups and Me – back squats, pistols, med ball squat cleans).

It all went really well I think other than having to focus more on the number of reps we need to complete as I think the boys ended up doing more work than was actually required though on the day we will have judges so it’ll be a bit different.  I am really glad that the 21 back squats were up front and that there were only 9 to finish it off as my legs are pretty tired still at though they were only 45kg back squats they were tiring (60% of my 1RM).  I broke the 21 into 11-10 and had a bit of time to rest because I was pacing off of Angie’s toes to bar.  I finished the 9 unbroken with just a pause after 5 reps at the top though I had Nick cheering me on as the  boys were done.

The pistols I scaled by using a 5kg plate for counter balance and they went fairly steadily though I was the slower one on those but I still went unbroken.  The med ball squat cleans were once again killer on the legs even with it only being 7kg.  The set of 9 wasn’t so bad but the set of 21 I broke into 6-5-5-5 and again paced myself on Angie’s pull-ups (so much harder).  Going back up was quicker and it was just about pushing through – that being said the last 9 back squats almost made me cry.

I’m excited for the Affiliate Cup.  We have a solid well rounded team and we seem to work well together.  I’m excited to see what we can achieve as a team – I think it’ll be awesome.  5 days to go…
We're tight!
And occasionally respectable... ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment