Monday, November 5, 2012

11/3 - Birthday 'Grace' Off

Saturday was Grace off.  It was also my birthday.  I figured what better way to start my birthday then with 30 clean and jerks for time – though being a fundraiser there were no winners just everyone giving their all and wearing pink.  Lots and lots of pink.

















There was no set heats just everyone jumping in when they were ready so when they asked for people to jump in for the first and second heats I was there.  I just wanted to get it done so I could drink coffee and cheer people on.  I loved that it was a relaxed atmosphere though at the same time a little bit ‘competition’ like for those who haven’t crossfitted outside the box (yay Nat!!).

This is Nat...

















WOD ‘Grace’
30 Clean and Jerks (42.5/60kg)
6:15 Rx

Note that the Rx weight for the women was only 42.5kg whereas on Tuesday at Cooee Rx was 45kg (which is typical when men’s Rx is 60kg).  Though the weight was lighter my time was almost 25 seconds slower than Tuesday and it is not at all surprising.  The bar felt heavier than earlier in the week either because we had done heavy CJ’s the day before Grace (round one) or because I smashed my legs with walking lunges/ 100 burpees.  Either way the cleans weren’t pretty (wide legs rather than getting low) and the jerks were also quite tiring.  Once again I split jerked them from the beginning.  Also, there was a rule that you couldn’t drop the bar so the extra strength required to slowly lower took its toll on my.

It was pretty cool being in the first heat with Lhaini and Jen from SXF – they were both in front of me so I could see them pushing through which made me work harder and when they finished they were right there cheering me on.  Given that I want to be as strong and badass as these girls some day it was really cool to realize that we are all in this together.  Thanks girls for the inspiration and for the encouragement.

One other note that made me laugh a little mid-WOD was Coach Match who was cheering/coaching/encouraging me on – at one point he said ‘Come on chick’ which is a term that Coach Kirst is more known for calling me – it was actually odd to hear it come from Match but I found it just as inspiring.  Thanks to both of you for being great coaches that always go above and beyond our sessions in the box at Cooee.

It was a ton of fun to be finished and drinking coffee which cheering on the other Cooee crew – Nat and Nigel and Match who all put up solid efforts.  Great morning everyone.  Also, big thanks to SF Gym for hosting an amazing event.

Photos from the day taken from Tracey Incau Design & Photography who took a ton of awesome photos on the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment