Thursday, November 22, 2012

11/19 – (Half) Cindy with a Twist



Been a bit of a delay in posting as there was a lot to write about the Affiliate and it’s been a crazy busy week so there is a lot to catch up on.

Monday it was back to the box and though my legs were still a little cranky my shoulder felt no worse than it did going into the weekend so that was a bonus – still hurting but on track to getting right.

Strength
60 sec bench press


I skipped this portion of the workout as I knew that it wouldn’t be good for my shoulder – baby steps easing back into things.  I know better than to let my ego get in the way.  I did a bit of shoulder work instead and cheered on Kayla when she went.

WOD
10 min AMRAP
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups (knees)
15 squats
Run 100m every 2 mins

6/19

I enjoyed this one though I mentally blocked out the fact that I was doing push-ups on my knees again.  Though it wasn’t that long ago that I was (still) doing push-ups on my knees it feels like a huge step back to go back there BUT… it’s for the best and I know this too.

Stimo was the smart one on this WOD and parked himself nearest to the door.  I should have done that as well but was in the middle of the room.  This was a bit awkward when I was trying to sprint out the door as I had to weave my way around people. Essentially it made me start off the run faster than I would have liked to get ahead and then chase Stimo into the box (where he’d instantly stop right in the way – ha!).  I managed to beat him in on the first run when we started evenly but on the next three he came in one or two steps in front of me and all I could hear was Coach Match’s – good work Stimo and this fueled me even more.  On the last run there was no way I was letting him come in first so I really pushed the 100m and beat him. It was satisfying. (um, why yes, I *am* competitive… haha).

The pull-ups, push-ups and squats were all fine.  I didn’t push as hard as I did on the last go of Cindy and I think mostly did sets of 3-2 on the pull-ups, wasn’t too bad through the push-ups as I was on my knees and then had full reps on the squats.  Kayla called me out (which is good) on the squats saying that I wasn’t always getting full depth.  From then on I really tried to and thought I was though afterward she told me that I would be good for a few rounds and then not get deep enough again.  She recommended that I video myself doing a WOD with a lot of squats so I can actually see if for myself.  I need to do this.

When we can back from each run we started wherever we had left off in the round – a couple of times I had to come back in and start into push-ups and this was probably the hardest since all the blood was flowing to my legs on the run.  The sudden transition was a bit of a shock. 

Murph is this weekend and I’m (still) planning to do it but I need to be prepared to scale back as the WOD progresses if I feel my shoulder acting up.  I’ve avoided push-ups again this week, subbing them out because that is the ‘crunchy’ feeling for my bicep/ shoulder so it will be interesting to see how it goes.  Must not let ego win.  That’s a hard lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment