Thursday, November 22, 2012

11/20 - Tuesday... pistols...


Tuesday update…

Strength
5-5-5 Front squat
20-30-40-40-40

These felt good.  I didn’t try and go any heavier both because Coach Match told us to not go super heavy and also because, um, leg fatigue.  They have been tired little ones this week.  Still recovering from Saturday.  Need rest.  

WOD
6 rounds
8 pistols
4 squat cleans (heavy) snatches (medium)
2 4 presses/jerks
9:10 (28kg)

I switched up the squat cleans for squat snatches because it’s the rotation of my shoulder with my hand in close to my body that still doesn’t feel good.  I also stayed with a medium weight and forced myself to use good technique on my squat snatches.  The first few I was pulling too hard from the ground but then with some feedback from Coach Match and I think also a little fatigue my technique got better and I could feel it as well.  Since I had a lighter weight I did for push presses rather than just two but still managed them all unbroken.   

The trickiest part of this WOD was the transition from the squat snatches to the presses as I didn’t want to put the bar down and then clean it from the floor again (tired legs) so I brought it down in front of my and then just jumped my hands in closer before hang cleaning it.  The pistols sucked.  That’s about it here – I used a red plate for counter balance but I’m happy there were only 8, killer.  So not nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment