Friday, March 1, 2013

2/27 – Back Squats



Back squat day on sore and tired legs.  I didn’t think the lunges hurt my legs to bad (versus my arms) but boy was I wrong.  I’m sore but in an oh-so-very-good way.

Strength
7-7-7-7-7-7-7
60-60-65-65-65-65-65

Not anywhere near my PR but as mentioned in an earlier post I’m not in the same place I was (which for the PR was nearly a year ago I think) – will get back there though.

Initially I thought that 60 would be my weight for all 7 rounds but after two I decided to push it a bit.  I was hoping to go up more from there but just didn’t have it in me.  I think partly because I was really afraid to fail.  I don’t know why even. 

I still remember the day that I hit that 75kg for 3RM – Tim was there, he was spotting me too, encouraging me, his voice almost literally in my head pushing me on.  I need to find that fire again, within myself to get there.  I’ve realized the problem now it’s time to do something about it.  I’m ready to make some changes, bigger leaps and bounds.  New PR’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment