Thursday, March 14, 2013

3/13 – KB’s and Back Aches

Took Tuesday off as I managed to sneak in for a(n amazing) massage with Luke.  It was most definitely needed and I almost cried as he (barely) touched my quads and immediately noted that I had a severe case of the DOMS going on.  Yup.

Wednesday it was back to WODing with a fun little number lined up.

WOD
5 rounds
6 KB Swings (24/16kg)
9 Goblet Squats (24/16kg)
12 Back Extensions
5:54 Rx

This hurt more than it seemed in places that it didn’t seem like it would.  The KB swings were easy, the goblet squats a bit more challenging (sore quads and cramping back – we’ll get to that).  I managed to do the first four rounds without putting the KB down at all for the swings and squats.  I put it down briefly after 5 reps of the squats in the last round before pushing through.

The back extensions were the killer on this one.  My back cramped up in the second or third round which made the rest of the back extensions difficult and also challenged me on the squats as it was a struggle to keep tight.  Definitely need to work on my back muscles it seems.

Challenging though it was this was a good WOD.  Short enough to push through the aches and pain but hard enough to hurt.  Nicely programmed.

Taking another night, tonight (Thursday), off this week rest up a bit more for 13.2 tomorrow night.  Should be a good one – box jumps and shoulder to overhead I love, deadlifts not so much but they are fairly light so hopefully they don’t hurt too bad (ya right!).

No comments:

Post a Comment