Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3/4 - Hill Sprints


Monday was sprint day.  I’d put it off on Saturday and Sunday in favor of sleeping in and so as the final day of the weekend was upon us it was go time.  Cam and I made a quick trip to the market for weekly supplies before coming home and gearing up.  The plan was 10 sprints up Monument Hill nearby the house.

We jogged over as a warm-up which made me realize that we were in fact completely crazy as we were doing this mid-day.  Not the best planning after all but it was on.

WOD
EMO2M – 10 rounds
60m sprint uphill
Recover down to the start

At the start of every 2 minutes we sprinted to the top of the hill – when we finished we measured out the distance and it turned out to be 60m.  Once we reached the top we made our way back to the start and rested for the remaining time.

For the first 7 rounds I managed to be consistent at 18-19 seconds with I believe one rep coming in at 20 seconds in there.  The first two times I did a slow jog back down the hill but after that it was a walk.  I didn’t really stop at the top as it hurt more to stop then to keep moving even if it was really slow.  Near the last few rounds I felt like vomiting (what is with me lately?).  I almost did with 3 runs to go but managed to keep it in until the end where I did in fact vomit a little and as Cam so rightly pointed out – I kinda scared the little girl who was walking passed with her father when I did.  Oops, sorry.

The last three reps were about 22-25 second and absolutely hurt.  I pushed as hard as I could and actually managed to finish which was an accomplishment in itself.  I’m happy with this.  Definitely need more hill sprints in my future it seems.  Funny too – after the first two or three I felt confident that we could reduce the amount of rest time but that changed quite quickly.  Two minutes for one sprint worked well – about a minute rest before going again and I don’t think I would have survived if it was any less.

The plan was to do some lifting after this but I wasn’t feeling it.  Cam played around a bit though and I watched (that’s helping right?).  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment