Friday, November 11, 2011

11/10 - thrusters and burpees... oh my!

Strength: Work up to your 1 rep max split jerk
30kg
 
I didn't go very hard on the split jerk - my PR is 45 but at 30 my shoulder was hurting so I decided not to push it any further with the comp on Saturday.   

WOD:
15, 12, 9, 6, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15
Thrusters (30/45kg)
Burpee bar hops
17:36 (18kg)

This one hurt!  I went light because of the Affiliate Cup coming up on Saturday but even with the 18kg bar it was hard.  Shoulders and legs were just tired - during and after and more-so today... definitely feeling it.  There was a 25 minute cut-off and I'm pretty sure I'd have taken that long if I went any higher in weight - I can't imagine doing 23kg thrusters at this point but perhaps it's also just a bit of cumulative fatigue (I haven't been sleeping well*) and my shoulder acting up (taking care of that today)...

*I've been trying to get lots of sleep - actually getting to bed early but I'm still not sleeping well.  Need to figure this out because I'm really starting to feel it - just want to sleep all.the.time!

I'm going on vacation next thursday so hopefully that helps though there will be crazy jetlag I'm sure.  I asked Jack and Tim (two of my coaches) to write a couple of WODs for me that I'll promise to do along with 'Annie' while I'm gone.  Jack has already told me that one of them will be 100 burpees for time - so not looking forward to this but I *will* do it.  This is a new me - planning to do WODs on vacation... crazy - good crazy!

Affiliate Cup tomorrow... GO COOEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment