Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11/7 - PR's and KB's

Strength: Work up to your 1 rep max clean
Max. 40kg - new PR!

Probably could have gone a bit heavier but my shoulder was still a little unhappy from last week so I didn't want to push it with the comp this weekend.  It was nice working through this with Angie and trying to keep up with her. 

WOD
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
KB swings or KB snatches
Cleans (35/50kg)
Sit-ups
9:48 (16kg KB, 28kg cleans)

This was a great WOD.  Steady through all the reps.  I'm always a fan of KB swings and the 28kg felt pretty good after the strength WOD. Solid.

Before the WOD we were playing around with pull-ups.  Angie mentioned that an unassisted pull-up is mentally challenging but that she can do it with the yellow band (multiple reps) - and the yellow band is pretty tiny - I wasn't sure I could do one with just yellow but I did manage a single rep.  After the WOD I was goofing around and tried an unassisted pull-up and was *thisclose* to doing one.  All subsequent attempts were futile as my hands were having no part of it but... getting there.  Have a couple weeks to meet my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment