Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/28

My arms were dead last night… I think it’s a combination of a week long holiday (in which I paddled almost 50km), my body being extremely tired (even with an insane amount of sleep Saturday night) and the WOD last night at the box.

WOD #1
600m run
21 squat cleans
21 pull-ups
400m run
15 squat cleans
15 pull-ups
200m run
15 squat cleans
15 pull-ups
19:19 (23/18kg, orange band)

This was a hard workout.  Initially the 18kg squat cleans felt good when setting up so that’s what I went with but after the 600m run it felt heavy.  I struggled through the first set of 21 reps at this weight then dropped to 18kg for the next two rounds which even then was still a struggle.  I just feel fatigue in my entire body. 

I was pretty excited about getting through the entire WOD only using the orange band for the pull-ups even though I had the red band on standby.  This is the first time I’ve done this and I was super proud.  I was one of the last ones to finish the WOD so while I was on my last round of pull-ups Jack was right beside me, cheering me on.  When I was about to start he said – break it down, 5 and 4 and I shook my head fully planning on 3 sets of 3.  I somehow managed to bang out five in a row though and then thought okay, 2 sets of 2 to finish but with Jack counting beside me I knew I couldn’t stop at two reps.  It took everything I had to make sure that last rep counted and I did it – 5 and 4!!  Thanks for the awesome coaching/ inspiration Jack!

This WOD was interesting too in that we usually do the runs at the end of each round, not so much at the beginning so rather than killing it on the 200m run knowing you could collapse when it was done you had to mentally prepare to get back into the box and bang out more moves.  Definitely played with the mind a bit.

WOD #2
Tabata hollow body

Ouch! That’s all I can say about this.  My abs still hurt from Annie on Saturday so this didn’t help.  Struggled through it though knowing everyone else around me was experiencing the same pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment