Monday, November 28, 2011

11/26 - Happy 1st Birthday Cooee!!!

Saturday was Cooee's one year celebration.  It of course included all requisite birthday items - champagne, cake, large amounts of food and a WOD.

1st Birthday WOD
30 squats
run to next station
30 stick jumps
bear walk to next station
30 double-unders (or 60/90 single-unders)
walking lunch to next station
30 push-ups
run to next station
30 wall balls
200m sprint to finish
10:45

There was a choice to do 10, 20 or 30 reps (beginner, intermediate, animal) at each of the stations - I think that the majority of people chose 30 solely because it was deemed animal...haha.

I was the last one to finish this WOD.  I struggled with my DU's and the push-ups and wall balls killed me because my arms were just so tired from a week of racing.  I pushed through it though and completed the WOD - though only once.  Some people went for a second round to accompany Match, Kirst and Tim who were too busy coaching/cheering/photographing the first time through.  Since I struggled so much with my DU's during the WOD I decided to bust out my speed rope and work that out.

On vacation I had big plans to tackle 'Annie' and took this post WOD/ pre brunch time to get her done. 

WOD #2
'Annie'
50-40-30-20-10
DU's
Sit-ups
8:53

I'm pretty happy with this.  The sit-ups were what slowed me down the most.  My DU's were solid!  Got through the 50 stopping only once (30, 20) - same with the 40 (26, 14).  The rest of the DU's were done unbroken! So pumped!  It means that I managed to sets of 30 solid DU's in the same workout even when tired (my max. is still only 32).  Definitely an achievement.  I can bring my time down by focusing on the sit-ups - I definitely felt the pain the following day - abs.so.sore.

I felt satisfied that I managed to sneak this one in and then could enjoy all the goodies afterwards - most of which were amazingly tasty AND healthy (minus those cakes!).  It was a spectacular morning.

The one thing this past week of traveling and also sneaking in 'Annie' has taught me is that is quite easy to bust out a body rocking Crossfit WOD in little time with little planning - anything can be used as equipment as well if you're out in the world.  I see parks and playgrounds in totally different ways now and it's fun and challenging and satisfying!

Back to the box tonight!

Happy 1st Birthday Cooee - source

No comments:

Post a Comment