Wednesday, November 2, 2011

11/02 - sprints...

WOD #1
3-6-9-12-15-18
C2B pull-ups
Thrusters (25/35kg)
12:35 (red/orange, 18kg)

Today I learned two things - crab walks are *really* bad for my shoulders (the rotation makes them quite unhappy) and warming up before doing silly things like trying a wall walk is a good thing.  Yup, I tweaked my shoulder before this WOD but managed to do it anyway - the presses on the thrusters hurt though.

I used the red/orange bands for the chest to bar pull ups, really needed to focus on a big kick to get them done easier.  Started the thrusters with 23kg but after the first two sets I dropped to 18kg because of my shoulder (no point making it worse).  I'm getting sick of squats though - even though I fully understand it's an important movement it seems like we've been doing that every WOD for the past week - I know it's just me though.

WOD # 2:
Achieve max number of clean & presses in 10 minutes
Using the same weight as WOD #1
Run 100m on the minute, every minute
51

This was fun but hard.  100 meters is short enough to go all out but makes picking up the bar immediately after finishing quite hard (extremely hard).  I managed to keep the sprints under 30 seconds except I think for rounds 7 and 8 where they were just over.  I kept thinking long strides on the run and tried to pass people in front of me when I could.  I'm glad it was raining, there's something I just love about running in the rain.

Stretched and rolled out my shoulder and iced when I got home, hopefully I can fix it easily and quickly... 

C2B Pull-ups - source

No comments:

Post a Comment