Monday, October 31, 2011

10/31 - choices...

Today was Jack and Tim's 20th birthdays so they each made a WOD, both 20 minute AMRAPs and we had a choice which to do...

The options:

JACK WOD -
6 box jumps
6 toes to bar
6 squat cleans (40/60kg)
1 clean & jerk
7/12 (24" box, 28kg bar, floor for toes to bar)


TIM WOD:
10 power snatch (30/50kg)
10 pistols
100m KB farmers carry (24/32kg)

I chose Jack because I preferred the air conditioned box over the humidity outside (farmer carries).

It hurt.  That's pretty much all I can say about it.  Hurt.  Mostly the squat cleans - I could do without squats for a few days - after Murph friday, wall balls saturday and then today.... ouch. 

The box jumps got easier once Match told me to look at the box rather than straight ahead which I was doing - it definitely felt better and I knew just how much effort I needed to put in while having some confidence that I wasn't going to slip off the box and kill my shin (again!).  Still, the 24" height was hard - normally Rx is 20" for girls so this was a good test and I managed to do them all.

Toes to bar was the rest portion of this WOD though with there only being 6 it wasn't much of a rest.  I need to practice these more (on the floor) so get up to actual hanging toes to bar.  Squat cleans were a struggle but I managed them (slooowly!) and the single clean and jerk was oddly fun as it only had to be done once.

I'm not at the box today but I hear the WOD's will be the same and those that were in today just do the opposite.  Nice!

The birthday boys... source

No comments:

Post a Comment