Thursday, October 20, 2011

10/19 - TGU's and more KB's

WOD #1
Find your TGU max
12kg

Hadn't done TGU's since fundamentals so it was good to review them though they're not my favorite.  I had to use both arms to press the KB on the initial movement but otherwise it was good.  This move messes with my shoulder a bit so I didn't want to try any heavier.  

WOD #2
Run 400m then -
18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3 KB clean & press (16/24kg)
3, 6, 9, 12, 15,18 double-unders
Run 400m to finish
11:36 (12 kg KB)

This was fun.  I felt pretty good on the first 400m run though could have done without my shoelace coming undone.  Retied it right before jumping into the KB clean & presses.  My left arm is weaker than my right on these I think partly because I was also favoring my left shoulder (the rotational movement isn't good).  The DU's were consistent and a few of the other girls today also rocked the DU's which was awesome - nice work Vicky and Vicki!  The last run was painful - after the intensity of knocking out 18 DU's it was hard but it was also the end so that helped though once again I could have done without my (other) shoelace coming undone.  Lesson learned, make sure your shoes are double knotted before a WOD!

Another great WOD.

Also - my feet started cramping doing the KB's and DU's.  I think I need to go back to my Asics for a bit rather than my Nike frees or alternate somehow.  I think it's the DU's that do it - this isn't the first time - and I had no problem just running in my Nike's on the weekend.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment