Monday, October 24, 2011

10/24 - rocking the 200's

WOD #1
Tabata hollow body (dish sit)

More abs... it took me all last week to stop hurting from the roll-outs on monday, I think I'll feel the same after these - back off the floor engaging upper abs, legs off the floor, toes pointed engaging lower abs - lower back solid on the ground... half way through it was killing but we did them.

WOD #2
5 rounds
10 parallet push-ups
10 second dip hold
200m run
9:48 (knee push-ups, box dips)

This was a very different WOD from what we've typically been doing and inspired by the gymnastics certification that all the coaches did this weekend.  The parallet push-ups were quite hard compared to regular push-ups because we were engaging our lats more than our chest and biceps. Good exercise to engage my (currently non-existent) paddling muscles.  The dip hold was good - I had my knees up as well which wasn't too bad considering it was just 10 seconds.  And the 200m runs...

I rocked the 200m runs today.  I probably wasn't that much faster than usual but they felt good.  Really good.  I've been needing a run I think for a while - something to just push myself with and this was it.  It felt freeing in a sense and making the turn at half way and getting a face full of wind was perfect.  I definitely felt the little bounce in my step.  I liked it.

Afterwards I managed only 3 pull-ups (twice) with the orange band.  Was tired after the WOD.  I also played around on the rings and bit and with coaching from Jack and Tim managed to get up on the rings very briefly with my arms at my sides which is something I have never been able to do before.  I have to remember to focus on pushing straight down when I jump up and then locking my arms out by rotating my wrists outward a little bit.  I'm excited to practice this more - and Tim told me he can't wait until I can do my first muscle-up so there's a little motivation right there to keep on it.  It was a good day - one that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment