Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10/17 - Oh my abs...

Last nights workout...  

WOD #1
5, 5, 5, 5, 5 back squats
20,30,40,45,50
max. 50kg

This was good.  Felt better when I took my Nike frees off and was just in my sock feet - more solid at the bottom of the squat.  Could have tried 55kg (would have been hard) but since we had more squats in the WOD I didn't want to push it.

WOD #2
AMRAP 10 -
10 OHS (30/45kg)
10 roll-outs
10 burpee bar hops
3/29 (18kg OHS)

Match is (slightly) evil (which is a complete term of endearment from me).  We had been talking about how "good" roll-outs were last week - and by "good" we meant absolutely insane ab workout so he added them this week.  I can definitely feel my abs screaming this morning.  This workout was fun and challenging.  The overhead squats allowed me a little practice on my snatch movement and really made me focus on good form especially when tired - full depth was tough but with concentration entirely do-able.  The roll-outs where easier when we did them last but still hurt.  I picked a line on the floor and made sure to get that distance each time.  The burpee bar hops weren't so bad either (gasp!)...  I kept it steady though I am a little upset with myself for not getting the last one in of the 4th set.  I heard Match's voice and assumed he was signally 'time's up' but we still had 6 seconds left - I paused and then heard the beep - there was time to do it but I didn't get it.  Next time I know - go til the beep or the music stops.  My fault.

Also worked on pull-ups before and after the WOD - have dropped another band - now only using orange and getting 5 consecutive kipping pull-ups. SWEET!  So excited.  Can't wait for the next WOD with pull-ups (probably coming Wednesday or Friday!)

Post WOD - My (new) favorite shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment