Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Morning Clean and Jerks...

This mornings skill was Clean and Jerks adding to the hang cleans and squat cleans that we've focused on this week.  Tim did a great job on the skill portion walking us through the movements one step at a time into hang cleans, then squat cleans and finally split jerks.  It was fun to do these movements with a lighter bar (18kg) though my chin paid the price for it a few times.  Ouch.

The (sleepy and sunshine-y) warmup was a bit more challenging - Tim had us 'skip' the 400 meters that we would typically jog - I got a little tripped up in the corners and my shoulders were sore/ tired but it was an interesting change up.  I did however wish we were just jogging (and chatting - harder to chat while needing so much concentration).

WOD
AMRAP 7
1 hang clean
1 squat clean
2 hang clean
2 squat clean
3... etc.
On every minute 3 burpees
Score is number of rounds and reps
9/0 (18kg - Rx)

This a fun WOD... I think I got part way into 5 rounds in the first minute but then throw in the burpees and the increasing number of reps and it wasn't even possible to complete a full round per minute.  I enjoyed Rx-ing at a lower weight today though - allowed for strong focus on the movement and my tired quads from Wednesday's WOD and yoga needed the scale back.

Afterwards I interviewed Tim for a piece I'm going to submit to the Crossfit Games 2012 team to (hopefully) be selected to write for them leading up to the games.  Now I need to focus on writing the piece - goal for this weekend.  Fingers crossed they pick me.

Tomorrow WOD in  the park - Tim is coaching and while I begged for no burpess I have a feeling that it means that we will most definitely have to do some burpees.  Sunday is most definitely for rest.  My body needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment