Friday, October 14, 2011

10/14 - More Shoulders...

Today was another heavy shoulder say at the box...

First up was ring/box dips.  So hard...  I can do the box dips (between two boxes, legs bent) but my arms felt so tired still from Wednesday's WOD.  Attempted to get on the rings but can't straighten my arms once my feet leave the ground.  Something to work on.

WOD #2
5 rounds
10 pushups (competition style - hands off the ground in between each rep)
5 ring dips or 10 box dips
10 thrusters (45/30kg Rx)
12:01 pushups on toes,  box dips, 23kg thrusters

This was hard.  Lots of shoulders.  I broke both the pushups and the thrusters into sets of 5.  Pushed through all 10 box dips in one go.  It was the first time doing thrusters where my legs weren't the limiting factor but rather my arms.  23kg felt heavy today but realized that if you get good upward momentum from the squat it helps get the bar overhead.  Lots of legs involved.  Not sure what tomorrow's WOD's are going to bring by my shoulders definitely could use a few days of rest. 

Playing afterwards I did another (easy) 5 kipping pull-ups with just the red band.  Then another set of 4.  I'm feeling stronger.  Goal is to have one unassisted pull-up by mid-November.  Match also challenged me to get 3 consecutive unassisted  by Christmas.  I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment