Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11/14 - it has to get easier from here...

First WOD of the week... first WOD back after the Affiliate Cup...  Match made a comment before we started that it was most definitely a WOD that would make us feel like we'd accomplished something this week... I hope it gets easier from here - it has to get easier from here (or maybe my body will catch up on rest)...

WOD #1
21-15-9
Clean & press (30/45kg)
KB swings (16/24kg)
Run 600m
9-15-21
KB swings
Clean & press
22:14 (23kg/ 16kg KB-Rx)

This was hard.  I was tired.  But I managed to make it through.  Thankfully there were no squats as that might have done me in completely.

I completed the WOD with the weight that I started which I was happy with.  At one point Match came by and asked if I wanted a lighter KB or to drop 5kg off the bar but I said no.  I was still banging out sets of 5 at a time at that point and figured I could keep it up.  The run was a nice change of pace from the lifting but I could really feel the fatigue in my legs from the weekend.  I was last to head out on the run but came in quite close to the second last person - steady pace on the run helped - not going out too fast.

Increasing reps in the second set was hard - knowing you only had one round left but realizing it was 21 reps - but made it.  Two of my favorite Crossfit movements so it was a good but tough start to the week. 

Leaving for the Cook Islands on Thursday so will try and get two more workouts in before then but that will depend on how I feel.  Regardless, I'm going to do Annie, 100 burpees for time and one yet to be determined WOD (made up by Tim and Jack) while I'm there and hopefully find outrigger crews to race with in the 18km iron and/or the 36km round Raro change race - fingers crossed!

One the last 5 reps of the clean and press (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment