Thursday, November 10, 2011

11/9 - Last night 'Claudia' and I got it on again...

Last night 'Claudia' and I got it on again and I won.  PR! By almost two and a half minutes... and once again it was a little emotional and probably harder this time than last knowing I could - would - be faster - and alone, with just my thoughts pushing me, not as much cheering.

Strength: Work up to your 3 rep max back squats
55kg

I PRed on this one getting up to a 1RM of 55kg besting my previous from a few weeks back of 50kg.  I didn't even try to go to a higher weight with the comp this weekend.  No need to push it, I just wanted a new PR.

WOD:  Benchmark “Claudia”
5 rounds -
20 KB swings (16/24kg)
400m run
16:57 Rx (previous time was 19:26 on September 1st)

I was both excited to re-do this WOD and dreading re-doing this WOD.  The excitement came in getting to see how much I've improved in two months of Crossfit and how much time I could take off this time.  The first time I did Claudia it was about surviving it, about Rx-ing it (first WOD I ever Rx-ed) - this time I knew it'd be harder, faster... that was where the dread came from.

Match was coaching us but jumped in with Jack and I to do the workout which was fine by both of us but I had less of someone in my face (like Tim was last time) - this time it was all on me and I could feel it.  It was truly mental.  After the first round every time I stared down the kettlebell after the run I made a deal with myself - 5 reps at a time.  But once I picked it up I knew that putting it down and then starting again would be more effort than just banging out more reps.  I went 20 straight in the first round, and then 10 at a time for the next 3 and 10-5-5 for the final round. 

The 400m runs were hard.  Running is not my strong suit at all and the 400m is exceptionally hard for me but it was just one step at a time through each one.

After it was all over I collapsed in a heap on the floor of the box... Jack was trying to ask me how much I'd taken off my time and I was just struggling to breath through the emotion of it all... not quite as much as last time but there were still a few tears behind my eyes... it was tough all around and somehow I think that this will always be an emotional WOD for me just because of how it went down the first time - how it showed me what I was made of...

The last time (first time) I did 'Claudia':

No comments:

Post a Comment