Wednesday, January 2, 2013

12/31 - The End of 2012

Monday was the last day at the box for 2012.  What a year it’s been.  Since classes were only running until noon I had signed up for the 9:30 class hoping to beat the heat but then I remembered the Patriots (American Football!) were playing the late game back home I knew I could probably sneak in a bit of live action by waking at an ungodly hour so I pushed back to the noon class.  This was a good idea since I didn’t get out of bed until 10:30.

The downside? It was hot.  HOT.  H-O-T.

WOD
5 rounds
30 double-unders
10 hang cleans (40/50kg)

7:07 Rx.5

I’m not sure who wrote the programming for this WOD but it made me laugh in that it was so similar to the Sunday WOD at Albert Street.  I did however appreciate that it was only 5 rounds and not 7.  The weight, still heavy.

Coach Jack had said we should try and pick a weight that we could do 10 unbroken in the first round.  I knew this was unlikely however I also knew I could Rx the WOD but playing it smart.  For all 5 rounds I did the DU’s unbroken and split the cleans into 6-4 reps which worked well – always do a bit more than half on the first go.

I was happy with this and when looking at the board after realized I was the only girl to Rx though that being said there weren’t as many in for today’s sessions as usual.

AfterWOD
500m row for time

DNS

I skipped this.  My shoulders were just exhausted from all the heavy lifting over the past three days.  Also, the heat… no thanks.

Had an awesome (yet quick) trip to City Beach afterward where Sarah and Tim Casey got to laugh at my inability to swim very well or rather more specifically navigate the incoming waves (breaking or not).  Ya, I’m a Canadian okay, I didn’t grow up with the ocean.

Another good way and a nice and fitting ending to 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment