Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bonnie's Paleo 'Granola'

I mentioned the other day the Paleo 'Granola' that Bonnie gave me to try.  It was truly amazing and I've managed to get the recipe from her to share with you here.

Paleo 'Granola'
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1/2 cup pecans
1-1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 tsp dried ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom

Put the nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse until you get the desired consistency.  Then add coconut and spices.  Mix well and then toast in a frying pan on low heat with coconut oil until golden brown.  Be sure to use low heat otherwise it might burn.  Serve with fruit, coconut milk, almond milk or on its own as a snack.  Yum!


Bonnie's Paleo 'Granola'

I loved her version and made my own over the weekend.  The recipe is really versatile in that you can add any combination of nuts and spices and other goodies that you prefer.  I added sultanas and cacao nibs to mine with some flax seeds and didn't pulse up the sunflower seeds to keep a bit more texture/ crunch.  Just use what you prefer/ what you have available.  Experimentation is the fun part.  Again though be sure to toast on low heat - I used my cast iron frying pan for this which worked really well.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment