Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6/11 – Heavy Deadlifts, Short WOD


WOD
5-4-3-2-1
Deadlift (90/130kg)
Burpee Box Jump Overs (18/24”)
2:42 Rx

Was a very quick WOD tonight.  After an extensive KB warm-up wherein Coach Scotty had me demonstrate the KB clean portion – then proceeded to note how if he stood really close to me I still wouldn’t hit him as the KB should be moving upwards – and then stood really close to have me demonstrate – I almost conceded to the pressure, too much stress – but thankfully didn’t hit him.  Even still he made me demonstrate the burpee box jump overs (I’m beginning to feel like the demo queen as Coach Tara had me demo all the movements as well during the rope climb WOD on the weekend)

Wasn’t sure that I’d do Rx for the WOD… Brendo was wondering aloud the same thing as the weight was heavy but in the end we both challenged ourselves and it was good, I need to keep doing this.  I managed to go unbroken though all the deadlifts though there were a few towards the end that weren’t pretty and needed a bit of extra shuffling to get the weight fully locked out on the top.  Around the set of 2 it felt like more than my PR, ridiculous how quickly that changed but I managed knowing there were so few left.

The burpee box jump overs were fine though again, the 18” box could have been 30” for what it felt like.  I couldn’t just right over top like some were doing but rather jumped onto then off of and when I landed on the ground on the otherside I pretty much just crumpled to the ground as my legs weren’t doing much in the way of supporting me.  A couple of times I actually scared myself with how close my face came to the top of the box when I did this (I was turning 180 degrees in mid air on the descent).  Thankfully there were no face plants, that would have sucked. 

I got a little confused on the set of 5 thinking I’d only done 4 burpee box jump overs but turns out it was 5.  After a brief pause it was back to the deadlifts.  I’m really glad I went Rx, it was definitely a challenge but my time was still fairly respectable for the design of the workout.  Happy it was short as well even though it felt a million times harder.  Love the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment