Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6/8 – ASG WOD


Caught up with both Sharon and Angie for coffee on Saturday.  Let the return to regular Foam dates commence!  I also knew that Angie was planning on hitting up the Albert Street Garage for their 3pm session.  I figured with the timing of it all I’d tag along to say hi to Shonelle and Vini as it’s been too long since I saw them both.  When I arrived I noted that some of my favorite things were programmed for the day – snatches and double unders so I quietly asked Vini if there was space… he said that there was one more spot so I ran to my car and grabbed my bag that was still there from the morning at Southern and quickly changed to avoid any burpee penalties for being late.  Success.  Another bonus was that Ruth was there as well so there was solid girl power all around.

ASG Strength
3RM OHS
45kg (PR)

This was fun.  I think the original plan was 4 or 5 sets of 3 but Angie and I really just wanted some more PR’s.  I know that I was doing 3RM OHS the other week but I couldn’t find the weight I used for that – figure at most it was 40kg but might have only been 35kg.  It was fun though.  We were changing  the weight at one point and one of the guys (3 of them working on the other rack) commented on how we were getting heavy pretty quick and that they needed to step up their game.  That’s when Shonelle pointed out that we had already gone heavier than them.  Oops.  We worked up steading I think doing 15-25-35-40-42.5-45(PR).  It was solid and since Angie was going first once she so easily knocked out the set I had to step up my game and keep pace.  Good times and a new PR for us both.  Loved it.

ASG WOD
15-12-9-6-3
Power snatch (30/45kg)
Double Unders
5:25 Rx

Also a fun one to be working alongside Angie on as we pushed each other the whole way.  She’d get a little ahead of me on the snatches as she could just drop straight to the ground whereas I was catching the bar on my quads so keep the strain off of my shoulder.  I’d gain some ground back on the DU’s and we were neck and neck right down to the wire.  She got my by 3 seconds but it was amazing to push that hard and to be chasing each other throughout.  I was happy with it – my transitions were solid.  I stuck to my plan on the snatches – 8-7 then 4-4-4 and 5-4 followed by 4-2 and then 3.  It worked with minimal resting though in the round of 9 I started to feel my forearms and thought I should be hook gripping but it was too late for me to make the change efficiently.  I managed though. 

It was a solid effort from everyone on the day and I loved it.  Realized that I’ve been missing it and as Vini commented – I always seem to set another PR when I go there so I should be heading there more.  Ha.  A great (and unexpected) afternoon.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment