Monday, June 17, 2013

6/21 – Swings and Pull-ups and Sprints…


WOD
15 minute AMRAP
200m run
11 KB swings (16/24kg)
7 pull-ups
6/12 Rx (6 rounds plus 200m and 11 swings)

Knew that this was going to be a lot of running but surprisingly it didn’t feel all that long.  Going into it I was hoping for 5 full rounds plus whatever else I could manage – I came in from the 5th run with over 5 minutes on the clock and knew I’d be running again (and again).  It was however the only time I looked at the clock.  I did my KB swings all unbroken facing away and then was just focused on getting through the pull-ups quickly rather than on the clock.  I was happy that for the first 3 rounds I managed all 7 unbroken but then my kip started getting wonky and I did 4-3 from then on out.  Still progress though.  I was steady on the runs, trying to push myself a little harder than usual knowing that my pace in a WOD is so much different than my pace in a straight 200m.  Was solid and definitely hurt but happy with how it went.  My forearms killed afterward though.

No comments:

Post a Comment