Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6/17 – “Diane”



WOD “Diane”
21-15-9
Deadlift (102.5/70kg)
HSPU’s
10:19 Rx (almost)

First time I’ve done “Diane” Rx – or almost.  I scaled the HSPU’s to one abmat after the first 5 reps as my shoulders are still aching from Saturday’s sessions – and are being a little wonky.  Cam tried to tell me that I wasn’t doing HSPU’s at all but I just dismissed him.  Nope, I knew I could manage – definitely feeling them today though – pretty sure my arms are still shaking.

Initial plan was to break the deadlifts into three sets of 7 on the first round then 8-7 (or three sets of 5 depending on how I felt) then 5-4 if possible.  I was facing across the room and could see Brendo doing his heavy deads and when I got up to 7 no one else in the room had put the bar down yet so I decided to keep going.  I thought that 11-10 would be fine but then threw in one more rep before putting it down so I’d only have 9 to go when I picked it up.  Two sets done, not too bad.

On to the HSPU’s.  As I said, I had an abmat with the green plates and was going to try and go Rx but my kip was off and my shoulders were screaming – I did 5 reps then figured if I was to get anywhere near finishing in the 10 minutes that I’d have to scale.  Still I struggled but got them done – no big sets at all – I think 3’s at most when I could sometimes singles.  Like I said, my kip was crap.

The second round of deadlifts were solid.  One quick break as I was starting to feel it a lot – again still in my arms just from the hanging weight.  Back to the HSPU’s and agony, struggling through.  I think I had about 90 seconds or less when I started the round of 9.  Coach Scotty said that he’d let us continue over the time cap if we were almost done and I wanted to get there.  I quickly finished off the deadlifts then went straight into the HSPU’s, I tried to string two together and failed the second.  Oops.  I tried to get it done under 10 minutes but couldn’t.  I just needed to rest more in between reps in order to actually complete them which sucked.  I did however get it done and was quite happy about that.  I’d definitely like to try her again when my shoulders aren’t so fried.  On the upside though – pretty sure my shoulders are getting huuuuge… feels like it at least… haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment