Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/20 – Lifting Day

WOD
Clean Pull 5-5-5-5-5
60-60-65-65-65

Close Grip Bench Press 5-5-5-5-5
35-35-35-35-35 

*Alternate Between Movements.

Was a good little one today – nice to (mostly) rest the legs after all the squatting yesterday.  I didn’t realize it until well after but I did a solid and strong clean pull on 80kg in the warm-up.  I jumped onto Cam and Sean’s bar (thinking it was 70kg) because I had 60kg on my bar and wanted to see if that would be okay – it was a bit on the heavy side so I stuck with 60kg, I think had I know I might have jumped to 65kg sooner or even 70kg but alas, it was what it was. 

Got some good feedback from Coach Hayden, he said my knees were coming in right from the start so I worked on correcting that and it felt a lot stronger.  Coach Tara also noted that I was pulling back a little (instead of just straight up), great to have the little things to think about.

The bench press was pretty solid throughout – like push-ups it’s hard on my shoulder so I don’t go too heavy on it but managed all the sets quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment