Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/3 - More Pistols...

Another day for pistols...

WOD
70 Double Unders
60 Sit-ups
50 Cockroaches
40 Pistols
30 Burpees
20 Push-ups
10 Get-ups
12:27 Rx

Was pretty excited with this one right from the start as I managed the 70 DU's ubroken - new PR! I started by telling myself that I'd aim for 50 (which is coming easier these days) but then I got that far and decided to do a more as I was feeling strong and then once I hit sixty I wanted to go unbroken. The last rep was a little awkward but I pulled it out and was quite happy.  I did a little dance then moved on to the sit-ups keeping a solid pace throughout. 

The cockroaches were the first sign of me slowing down.  They were killer right after the ab mat sit-ups.  Ouch.  Lots of tight and cramping abs going on but managed to push through breaking them into a few sets.

The pistols got me.  Tash and Kirst both powered through them on either side of me while I just tried to keep a steady pace and get solid reps on each one rather than a bunch of half reps with wasted energy like yesterday's WOD.  The burpees hurt, they were exhausting but as with any set of burpees it's just about keeping a steady pace and never stopping.  The push-ups I broke into 4 sets of 5 and they were very hard on the arms but I made sure to do them from my toes - I wasn't going to fight through all those pistols Rx only to drop to my knees for 20 push-ups.  It was definitely a mental battle.  The get-ups were easy and went quickly - they're so much better when you don't have to jump up to touch a bar on top of it all. 

It was a good steady WOD today and I quite enjoyed it but after taking it easy last week (a bit of rest after the comp) I'm starting to yearn to lift heavy stuff again.  It's a good feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment