Friday, July 6, 2012

7/6 - "Isabel"

I love "Isabel" and while I was hoping that the next time I met her I'd be able to do her Rx today was not that day.  Still a lot of work to do to get my Snatch up by 10kg.

Warm-up
Skipping/running chaos
Burgener Warm-up

There was quite a large turn-out for the noon class today - must have been the Friday sunshine.  Anyway, Coach Match had a fun and crazy warm-up for us.  It involved finding a place to skip facing any one of the four walls in the box.  The structure was 5-10-15-20-25 single skips and in between each set run and touch the wall in front of you and the wall behind you while avoiding anyone who was skipping/ also running.  Now this all seems reasonable until you realize that there were 15 people all facing different walls and therefore running and skipping in perpendicular directions.   I'm pretty sure Kirst came back into the room after we'd started and laughed wondering what was going on.  We did this a second time with everyone turning 90 degrees and therefore running for the other two walls.  It was both funny and scary (depending on how close you had to get to swinging ropes to get back to your spot).

We followed that up with a much more controlled run through the Burgener warm-up (similar to this).

WOD
"Isabel"
30 Snatches (45/60kg)
6:04 (35kg)

I initially wanted to do this at 40kg (38kg is my PR) but couldn't get a lift in - mostly I think because of confidence so I dropped the weight so I could concentrate on good form while moving quickly.  I had some reps where I was borderline pushing out my arms and I tried to ensure I was dropping under the bar.  There were other reps where I was dropping but instead of sending my butt and hips back I was spreading my feet really wide - not pretty.  That being said I had a few beautiful reps too, even near the end which I loved and need to really focus on more.  Practice, practice, practice.  This WOD wrapped up the end of our Snatch month and we'll do it again in a few months so hopefully I'll be stronger with better form then and be able to do it at 40kg (at least).

Two more WODs next week (Monday and Tuesday) then a month of vacation and a chance to check out Crossfit Kitsilano (which opened just before I moved two blocks away from where I used to live).  Can't wait!

Also, strange things happening at the box today after the WOD...


No comments:

Post a Comment