Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7/30 - Fight Gone Bad!

Back to Crossfit tonight here in Kits and it was much needed.  I knew last night that we'd be doing Fight Gone Bad (FGB) one of the bench mark crossfit WODs - one I'd never done before.  I wasn't looking forward to it - especially after a week of too many beers and too much rest but I went and as always I'm glad I did.

After going through the movements and a bit of a warm up we partnered up and were into it.  I was glad to have done WODs of similar format back at Cooee and also to have done a lot of judging in similar situations which took some of the pressure off.  I also went first which I know generally works better for me (get it over with).

WOD
'Fight Gone Bad'
3 rounds for total reps
1 minute at each station, 5 stations
1 minute rest in between each round

Wall Ball (14lbs/6kg)
Sumo-Deadlift-High-Pull (55lbs/25kg)
Box Jumps (20″)
Push Press (55lbs/25kg)

Row (calories)
251 Rx

I was quite happy with my score.  Going in I know that it's best to have a game plan though having never done this before I wasn't sure what to expect.  I was hoping for about 15 reps on each station through out which would give me a score over 200 but I wasn't sure I could maintain it so openly I was aiming for a score of 200 or better while secretly hoping I'd get something over 250 which I did - so happy with it.

My scores for each round went as follows:
Wall Ball - 20/15/15
SDHP - 22/19/21
Box Jumps - 23/20/17
Push Press - 16/12/12
Row - 14/13/12
Total - 95/79/77

I still need to practice my wall balls but they are getting better.  The problem was that on rounds 2 and 3 my legs were pretty shot which didn't help.  The SDHP were pretty standard and consistent.  The box jumps were a bit of a struggle.  We didn't have to do games standard (full extension on the box) but I haven't had any practice with rebounding while extending in the air so it was a bit of a mix of both but mostly full extension on the box with rebounding.  I wasn't surprised with the push presses. My shoulders have been a bit achy from all the paddling and I don't have a massage appointment until Wednesday so I knew that anything overhead would be tough going.  The row again was pretty consistent and while hurting didn't kill me.

I'm happy to have this one under my belt and to have a target for the next time I do it.  After, I judged a girl named Nancy and she was a rockstar - quite inspiring - the first round of wall balls she went unbroken for the full minute and pulled out a score overall of 340 - definitely something to work toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment