Friday, July 6, 2012

7/4 - Loved it!

I loved this WOD... was looking forward to lifting and LOVE snatches so this made it perfect.

Warm-up
snatch balance & OHS drills

Strength
1 x snatch balance from the rack into 2 OHS
18-28-33-38

We were supposed to keep these light to really focus on form over strength but I was partnered up with Kayla and we kinda broke the rules.  It was good though - we did maintain good form throughout.  My feet still get a bit wide when I snatch but Kayla commented that it looked like a comfortable position for me to land in and then stand back up in and that I should just go with it.  Worth keeping in mind and giving it a try. 

WOD
21-15-9
Squat snatch (28/40kg)
Toes to bar
14:51 Rx

Finished this just under the 15 minute cut-off.  It was fun but tough.  My legs were tired after two days of pistols and I was really trying to focus on form and landing in the squat position.  I'm not sure where my concentration was at the start - I dumped my first three attempts.  The first was right onto my butt with Kayla laughing at me since she couldn't pick up her weight safely (I was right there).  I dumped the next two forward (stayed on my feet though) and then heard Kayla say something to the effect of 'Get it together Jac' and I took a few deep breaths and found my focus and didn't miss a rep from there on out.  I was mostly doing singles but keeping at it - it wasn't a heavy weight but I felt every single one of those reps.  I ripped my hand (palm) on the set of 9 which really made it difficult to finish it out.

The toes to bar were solid.  I jumped on one of the new bars and loved it - can maintain my grip longer without feeling like my hands are going to tear.  I managed sets of no less than 5 throughout and only then came down because I was afraid my hands were going to slip off.  They felt good.

Great day... loved this WOD - did I mention that already? 

No comments:

Post a Comment