Sunday, August 12, 2012

8/10 - Back Home

Back home in Perth and back to Cooee for some crossfit.  I arrived back Thursday afternoon with the intention of hitting up an evening WOD but my body had other plans.  Besides the lingering soreness from 'Nutts' followed by 20 hours on planes I was also completely nauseous.  I was barely able to get off the plane, home and into bed without vomiting so I knew crossfit was out of the question.  After a good nights sleep my stomach still wasn't feeling great but I managed a bit of breakfast and headed off to the Friday noon session - I start my new job next week so I wanted to get one last class with the noon crew in before then.  It wasn't necessarily the best choice.

WOD
1 mile run time trial
8:33

My first 800m was done in 4:07 so I had a positive split time between the two laps and it was quite substantial given the distance.  It wasn't however that surprising given the state of my body.  I wasn't having a peak performing day, in fact it was a 'barely able to get through' kind of day... but I did.  And then, I vomited.  First time for everything I guess.   My body wasn't happy with me and my poor/ lack of eating and hydrating over almost two days really didn't help.  I did however manage to continue onto part two.

Strongman WOD
3 rounds -
100m KB farmers carry
Then 20m KB carry walking lunge
Then 1 burpee PLUS 1 accumulating burpee penalty for every time you put the kettlebell down

We didn't keep time for this WOD but rather just pushed through it with as heavy weight as we could manage - limited mostly by the ability to do lunges with it.  I used 14kg KB's which wasn't that heavy for me but definitely more than enough for the way I was feeling.  I managed to only put the KBs down twice on each round before and in the middle of each set of lunges so that at the end of three rounds I had to do 9 very delicate burpees (stomach was not at all happy).

It was definitely not best day of crossfit in fact it is pretty low down on performance days but I managed to keep going which is always a win.  Back to a regular schedule tomorrow (Monday) with both work (what is that? it's been 2.5 months since I've had a day job) and then again with crossfit (back to evenings).  Hopefully the regular schedule will help me get back on track food wise and also make me feel like a more productive member of society.

Oh, and as a note - over the month I was away I didn't eat well - there were always goodies around (especially camping for 10 days) including lots of chocolate, beer and marshmallows (totally an acceptable breakfast food - don't judge!).  Also, because of my random schedule and reliance on others I didn't always eat well or on a regular schedule.  I indulged, a lot and drank a ton of coffee so I was a little concerned on what the scale would say when I got back (not that I'm really concerned with my weight but I use it moreso as a gauge for where I'm currently at performance wise).  I feel a little 'squishy' lately but I'm surprisingly only up 1kg (2lbs) which isn't really anything given the normal fluctuations I see on a regular basis so that's good.  That being said, I don't feel great overall because of the indulgences so I'm going to try and stick to being fairly strict paleo for the next few weeks just to give my body the kickstart it needs again to be in fine form.






No comments:

Post a Comment