Monday, December 3, 2012

12/1 - Sunday Beach WOD

After not one but TWO Cam WODs at site it was time for him to do a bit more work (and for me to make the WOD)… hah – actually, he goes to Southern – they do PLENTY of work but still…

I convinced him (it wasn’t hard) to meet in Cott on Sunday morning for a WOD and breakfast and the beach – possibly three of his (and my) favorite things.  I’ll forget to comment on the sunburn I’m sporting today though – NOT one of my favorite things.  Should have realized that sitting in the sunshine at breakfast was a (really) bad idea. 

WOD 
10 rounds*
4 HSPU’s
8 pull-ups
4 toes to bar
8 sit-ups
4 pistols
8 lunges 
32:48 (ish) Rx!!!

*Note that I made up the WOD but didn’t define number of rounds (I should have) – I was thinking maybe 5 or 6 but Cam thought 10 was a nice solid, round number.  Ugh.  I tried to convince him otherwise but again, ego… or something like that anyway made me jump right in.

It was awesome.  Okay, maybe not the pistols, or the toes to bar or even the last two rounds of pull-ups (hand tears, ouch)… but, but, but… the handstand push-ups? Nailed them.  All.  I did Rx (kipping) handstand push-ups for the first time ever in a WOD.  I think I’ve only done about 3 in total before so it was a huge deal – in the first 4 or 5 rounds I managed them unbroken as I did again in the last two rounds (don’t ask me how).  It felt amazing.  Guess having a few weeks of shoulder rest/ recovery helps.

The pull-ups I managed to break into 4’s and then some twos and singles as my hands were starting to hurt.  It was also the pull-up bar that I fell off of so I was a little bit weary of that as well. Moreso actually when Cam kept suggesting unbroken toes to bar and I could feel them slipping on the last rep or so but managed to stay on.  I think however it’s why my hands are torn (and unbelievably sore) today – from holding on so tight.  Other than the itch grass, the sit-ups were fine (rest even) though the pistols down right sucked – even with there only being 4.  Horrible, awful, no good things.  Pretty sure Cam agreed.  The lunges were a pretty easy transition back to the board to do HSPU’s on.   I loved the HSPU’s, did I mention that?

Afterward we walked down to the Naked Fig and inhaled eggs and bacon with maple syrup smothered pancakes… no guilt here.  Love them.  Also, massive coffees… 

The dip in the ocean was delightful but this sunburn can go now… ugh.  Stupid sun.

 
Post WOD and still smiling...

Trying to recreate the HSPU awesomeness... I couldn't do it.

Bigger coffee please...



No comments:

Post a Comment