Friday, December 28, 2012

12/28 - So (expletive) hot...

I felt nauseous before this WOD ever began... the box was sauna like and the noon WOD was definitely not the brightest idea I've ever had.  I was in full on sweat mode before the warm-up even started.  Not cool.

After we'd done some shoulder mobilisation - actually while most were still doing this and I had given up on it I grabbed a bar and set up right in front of the fan.  Yup, I was that jerk.  I'm also Canadian and it was freaking hot - yup, I'll use that excuse too.  The WOD looked mean just written on the board... I knew it would be.  And so I present it to you (mostly) in photos...

My reaction to the WOD...






















WOD
AMRAP 15
Min 1-5 Power Snatch (30/45kg)
Min 5-10 Clean & Press
Min 10-15 Thrusters Front Squats
Every min 4 Burpee bar hops
99 reps Rx.5

After the cleans my shoulder wasn't exactly happy so I did front squats instead of thrusters. Probably shouldn't have done the presses either but... ego.

Nick and I before the WOD even started... and then somewhere in the middle Andy and Sarah (I think)... or at least at some point but there is photo evidence of that below...

 




















It was awesome having Nick beside me... after the first 5 minutes and 40 power snatches (love!) we were both struggling... a few times I heard him telling me to just pick up the bar - it was motivation for us both and when I moved to the bar from his comments he did the same... it was definitely team work.  There was even a high five in there at some point as we both tried to catch our breath from the burpees before getting back to the bar.  Mid WOD motivation at it's finest...

The burpees sucked, and I like burpees (mostly) these days.

Not a single person uttered these words today...


















Or these ones (too hot)...





















But these... oh yes, definitely a defining statement of the day...






















Mostly because of Bec and her awesome forward thinking... and an inflatable pool...

















The Cooee Spa open for sweating post-WOD treatments...






















Just missing Bec in this shot.  Big thanks to Bec for bringing the pool by and her (apparent) blowing up skills and Tim for um, supervising? Also to Andy for keeping us all entertained, there was definitely some ab work through all that laughter - back, crack and sac wax anyone?  Oh, and to the rest who decided to comment, yes the water was truly disgusting after we'd all sat in it for over an hour - our hands were all de-calloused and yes, there were bits of skin floating around.  Was it worth it though given the temperature, sauna like workout and burning concrete, definitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment