Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1/10...

WOD
21-15-9
Cleans (45/60kg)
Burpee bar hops
Sit-ups
10:22 (33kg cleans)

This was hard though I'm super proud that I bumped up to the 33kg on the cleans.  I got through the first 11 unbroken then 10 on the first set, really focusing on using my hips to get the bar up rather than just trying to use arm strength.  The burpees sucked (per usual) but I kept them steady and the sit-ups weren't much of a rest either - the round of 15 cleans got really hard - my legs started to tire and it wasn't pretty as I was trying to just use my arm strength on the cleans but got my legs back into it and I was off - think I did most of these in sets of 3.  Back to burpees and sit ups... steady.  The last round of 9 cleans I broke down into 5 and 4 mentally telling myself that it'd be easier to just put the bar down once and I survived it.  Felt really good having finished with 33kg (yes, I know I've already mentioned this... heh)

AfterWOD
Row 500m then run 400m
4:23

This was horrible, beyond horrible.  Almost reduced me to tears horrible - in fact there may have been tears but I was sweating so much you couldn't tell.  I felt strong at the start of the row - easily maintaining a 1:45/500m split time but after 200m my legs started to really tighten up (I'm guessing from the previous days OHS) and it became a challenge even to just continue. I really wanted to quit - more that I can ever remember wanting to quit something in a long time.  I kept telling myself that it was only 500m and if I could keep my pace below 2 minutes I'd be fine and to keep pushing... over the last 300m my pace dropped to 1:50 then crept towards 2:00 slowly and I think near the end it actually touched 2:05 before I gave it my all for the finish... I came in under 2 minutes but should have been a lot faster.  And...

The run... I'm not sure the first 100m was anything resembling a run but rather a shuffle with my legs as cramped as they were.  It was slow but steady and I didn't stop to walk at all and picked up my pace on the way back.  Didn't like this one but got through it which some days is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment