Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/7 - OC6

Managed to get myself up early on a Saturday morning today to get out paddling - joined up with the Fremantle Outrigger folks and went for a beautiful 16km paddle in the six-man.  I steered the first half with the current/wind at our backs and then stroked for the return trip - which included a lot of up pieces which was good at times but a struggle at others when there wasn't enough power behind me.  A challenge for sure but I loved it.  It was good to be back out there and I need to find more time for paddling.  Even though I haven't been out much (only paddling was in Raro since August) I still felt strong and solid throughout as a result of consistent crossfitting - getting stronger and having good metcon helps with this a ton.

Also, as a bonus... saw dolphins in the river on the return trip - awesome (and definitely not anything you'd get in english bay)

No comments:

Post a Comment