Sunday, January 1, 2012

1/1 - starting off the new year with fitness

Starting off the new year on a good note - woke up early to meet Lou and go for a nice easy run along scarborough beach - 3 on 1 times 10 - was a nice 40 minute piece doing close to 5km after the cool down.  I wouldn't have gotten out of bed if I wasn't meeting someone so that was a bonus.

After coffee and conversation I stopped off in Cottesloe on my way home to do a few WODs that I've been avoiding and to play on the pull-up bars by the beach.

Christmas WOD #8
100 burpees for time
9:03 (almost 2 minutes off of my time from the Cook Islands)

So glad I didn't do this earlier in the week because it's hard enough to get motivated to do it again after a month has passed.  I still have A LOT of burpees left though on the holiday challenge... ugh.

Christmas WOD #7
20 rounds
5 push-ups (knees)
5 sit-ups
5 squats
8:40

This one was fun - just a steady pace all the way through.  I need to make the decision to just do push-ups regularly one day (not on my knees) as it'll only make me better.

I also managed to do two toes to bar while playing around, one kipping pull-up (before my hand hurt) and one 'skin-the-cat' on the bar (not on rings) but still... progress!  I'm quite happy with toes to bar and need to keep practicing that movement.

I have skipped Christmas WODs 5 and 6 so might make one of them up tomorrow if I can get motivated (last day of vacation) or else I might just focus on finishing the epic number of reps left in the Christmas challenge

Remaining totals:
150 push-ups
200 sit-ups
0 squats
375 burpees (apparently I can't do math - this is now the correct total remaining)

No comments:

Post a Comment