Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Rules to Live By...


1 – I will promise to do my best.  My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute.  But in that minute I will do the very best that I can.
2 – Lactic acid is my friend.  The wind is my friend.  Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger.  If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
3 – If I can run, I run.  If I have to walk, I want.  When I am forced to crawl, I crawl.  And then I rest and live to fight another day.
4 – I fear no man but I fear my workout.  If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
5 – I may puke.  I may cry.  But I will not quit.  Ever.
6 – I never cheat.  There is no honor in cheating, what joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
7 – The workout missed is the opportunity missed.  I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person. 
8 – I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat, and the deadlift.  Just as there are a million ways to cook chicken, so too are there a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up, push up, and deadlift.
9 – I will give everything I have and then I will find more within myself.
10 – I don’t complain.  Complaining is for crybabies.  There are 11,232 babies born in the US everyday.  I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
11 – I will bite off challenges, spit out results and beg for more.  What are you going to do?

#5 especially applied to me this week - so close to tears but did not quit...

No comments:

Post a Comment